Persian Plum gone Wrong
The sabbatical is over and I’m making some changes to my site in the near future. It is said that the only constant is change and with that I’ve decided to change from my slothful nature and get back to posting what I’ve been up to.
All of the monthly blocks of the Persian Plum block of the month square are completed. When I opened the setting kit it was with a lot of trepidation. As I flipped through the fabric I was extremely disappointed that some of the fabric hadn’t been cut properly. I promised that I wouldn’t go off on a rant about it and proceeded to just make it work. It was so disheartening that I have taken a lot of time to put this together only to find more work for myself to correct the manufacture’s mistakes.
Because of this and my general nature of needing to have multiple projects going at the same time, I completed what I’m calling my “Chopsticks Quilt” and am still plugging along with the “Oh Canada” quilt that I started the year before. I found while going through fabric with my wife a mini-quilt that she started but hadn’t bound and asked that I be able to hand quilt it for her. Yes, another project!! It brightened my mood and I’m almost a third done with that one now.
Back to the Persian Plum however, she’s been helping me piece the other squares together in return for hand quilting her mini. We’ve just about completed all of the other squares from the setting kit and should be finished piecing those this evening. I’ll post up Blocks 11 and 12 over the next couple of days to give an idea of what the collection looks like.
Until next time,