Joann Fabric Persian Plum Block 7
Block 7 was a real challenge and I almost took it completely apart and put it back together. The quality control for my cut pieces left a little to be desired. I would say that 80% of the pieces were cut to the proper dimensions, but it was the 20% that gave me fits. When I started to put this block of the month quilt together however, I promised myself to use what was in the kit only and see how the quilt turned out.
The pieces supplied had me scratching my head for a little while… as a guy I tried to see how everything would go together without looking at the instructions. I think that is hard-coded into our DNA! After looking at the instructions though, I quickly started putting the block together.
It was at this point that I realized that the pieces where going to be a little off-center which I tried to correct. It didn’t turn out bad, just didn’t go together as seamlessly as the other blocks had.
And here is the block in comparison to the picture of it